With features that focus on aviation-only navigation and mapping, GPSMAP 695 is Garmin¿s ultimate portable MFD. Similar to the 696, the GPSMAP 695 comes with a large screen and detailed electronic charts ¿ minus XM compatibility ¿ at a price you¿ll love.
Checklist of Capabilities
- See the Big Picture: The GPSMAP 695¿s bright 7-inch diagonal high-definition sunlight-readable display makes detailed mapping easy to see day or night ¿ you can even view an entire approach plate on the large-format display. For easy operation, the bezel around the screen includes soft keys and a joystick control. And with a fast 5 Hz GPS update rate, the 695 renders graphics and presents flight data smoothly and continuously.
- No Chart? No Problem: With the addition of Garmin FliteCharts and IFR map mode, the GPSMAP 695 provides key functions of a Class 1/Class 2 electronic flight bag (EFB), reducing the use of paper charts in the cockpit. With FliteCharts, you can quickly find and view all U.S. NACO departure procedures (DP), standard terminal arrival routes (STARs), approach charts and airport diagrams. If the current approach is known, GPSMAP 695 automatically selects the correct chart based on the flight plan. When in IFR map mode, the 695 can display victor airways, jet routes, minimum enroute altitude and leg distance, much like what is found on paper enroute charts.
- Enhance Situational Awareness: The GPSMAP 695 features a high-resolution terrain page showing hazards relative to your altitude and a vertical profile of terrain along your route of flight. It comes with a built-in Jeppesen database, and an Americas, Atlantic or Pacific terrain database. It also includes an obstacles database for the U.S. or Europe. Using this information, the 695 displays your flight route over contour terrain mapping. With information from the terrain and obstacles databases, the 695 monitors your current position in relation to surrounding terrain to provide alerts. To help keep pilots aware of special airspace activity, over 683 parachute drop zones are detailed in the Americas navigation database. You can even customize your own minimum clearance levels to receive terrain cautions. The 695 also comes with a realistic ¿view from space¿ satellite imagery basemap. Like other portable Garmin devices, the 695 includes the following enhanced aviation databases: Garmin SafeTaxi; provides detailed taxiway diagrams and position information for over 850 U.S. airports. Preloaded on the device, this information helps you navigate unfamiliar airports with confidence and shows your aircraft¿s exact position on the field, AOPA Airport Directory; offers detailed information for over 5,300 U.S. airports, along with the names and phone numbers of thousands of FBOs. Easily look up taxi services, plan an overnight, and choose fuel stops, plus find ground transportation, lodging, restaurants, local attractions and more, Private Airports and Heliports; provides data on private airports and heliports throughout U.S. and Europe, and materially expands your list of navigation and emergency "nearest" options.
- Receive Altitude-Sensitive Alerts: When in the air, Garmin¿s new Smart Airspace feature makes it easier than ever to identify what airspace lies ahead. Smart Airspace automatically highlights airspace close to your current altitude and de-emphasizes airspace away from the current altitude, which gives you increased situational awareness.
- Expand Your Portable: The GPSMAP 695 includes an SD card slot for extra memory and updates. Keep track of the databases on your GPSMAP 695 through www.fly.garmin.com, our online manager that helps you update, manage and purchase the latest aviation data for your Garmin device, all in one place.
- Master the Basics with eLearning: To gain quick familiarity with all the features and operation of your GPSMAP 695, Garmin offers a fully interactive, computer-based training program on CD-ROM. It¿s called the eLearning Program, and it¿s a self-paced, Windows compatible application developed in conjunction with Pegasus Interactive to help new users take advantage of all the capabilities their GPS unit offers. Available from authorized Garmin dealers or directly from Garmin.com, the eLearning program for your GPSMAP 695 lets you select specific topics of interest, and then learn by doing. A scenario-based guided simulation system helps you practice the selected task or process by following step-by-step, on-screen prompts. You¿ll see a simulated multi-media demonstration; then repeat what you¿ve learned, hands-on, to reinforce and assess your skills. Getting started with Garmin eLearning is the fast, fun way to master your new portable GPS.
Unit dimensions, WxHxD: 5.7"W x 7.7"H x 2.0"D (14.5 x 19.5 x 5.1 cm)
Display size, WxH: 3.6"W x 6.0"H (9.1 x 15.2 cm); 7.0" diag (17.78 cm)
Display resolution, WxH: 480 x 800 pixels
Display type: bright, color WVGA TFT with adjustable backlighting
Weight: 35.7 ounces (1012 g) with battery pack; 22.4 ounces (635 g) without battery pack; 12.7 ounces (361 g) RAM mount
In the Box
More information about Garmin href="https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=156&pID=14860#inTheBoxTab"target="_blank">click here To return to the NexAir's Webstore page you were viewing, simply close this Garmin page.
|| 010-00667-50 |
E-mail a friend about this item.