Care of Your Living Tree
Your potted tree will be delivered with a separate plastic saucer which should be placed directly under the pot. The saucer will keep water from spilling. Please protect your floor by putting additional waterproof sheeting under the saucer as an extra precaution against spillage. Do not place your tree near heaters, furnace vents or a fireplace as this will dry out and damage your tree.
- Place it where it receives as much direct sunlight as possible.
- Give your tree a quart of water as soon as it is in place.Pour slowly around the base to allow the water to be absorbed into the soil. Depending on the size of the tree you ordered your tree needs 4 to 8 cups of water EVERY day. Use 4 to 8 cups of ice cubes instead if the soil is high in the pot. This prevents run off. If water is standing in the saucer please wait a day before you water again.
- Please do not cut or trim your tree. If you use a top ornament please make use of the bamboo stick provided with the tree. Do not flock and tinsel your tree as this will become a hazard for wild life when it is returned to our nursery.
- Now the fun begins - decorating! Please use cool LED lights only. They are more energy efficient and do not overheat and dry out the tree. This is also an eco-friendly choice. LED lights are very durable and will last many years.
- We pick up the trees from January 1st to January 10th. You can check the schedule for your area on the website by December 30. Limited pick up is available between Christmas and New Year. Call or email us your needs and we will confirm the date. Please put your tree outside with all decorations and lights removed. Thank you for thinking Green and helping our environment!
-From the Helpers at Rent a Living Christmas Tree, LLC