About The Corner Station
The Corner Station is a family-run business. The Shells, Katie and Christine (mom and daughter) and beast-of-burden Phil (pop), have worked since early 2008 to develop the look of the store and the product offerings. They aren't professionals but a lot of people say the store is fun, or cute, or wonderful or even magical - and that they LOVE the merchandise and prices.
The Shells purchased this great building with a lot of history behind it. The "people" history is a mix of all things found in life - happiness and sadness, accomplishment and dissapointment. Soon, we'll have a whole section on the people in the station's past. In fact, as you look at our logo, our mascot Charlie represents the memory of all the men and women who owned or worked at the station.
Architecturally, the building started out as Reece's Service Station in 1921. It was built on an angle to the street and the quality brick facade and sturdy construction seems to say the building was meant to last and be part of this Fairview Utah community for a long time.
It took months of scraping grease from the floor, scrubbing, patching and painting walls, tile laying, more painting, etc. Plus overseeing the work of licensed contractors and friends who helped make the building handicapped accessible, electrically safe and soundly plumbed.
Work is underway to nominate the Reece's/Wen's Service and the 1890's Fairview Dairy Association Building, on the same parcel to the rear, to the National Register of Historic Places.
Our family is very grateful for those who have become our friends and supporters since our opening in September of 2008.