CLARION COUNTY COLLAGE AND COLORFUL CHARACTERS. 2006 by Sally Jordan Reed. This exceptional and informative collection brings to light, segments from Clarion County's (Pennsylvania) colorful past, stories behind some of the landmarks we have taken for granted all our lives. Ms. Reed has skillfully combined descriptive newspaper extracts, from the late 1800s to early 1900s, with additional information about people and places, to give the reader "the full picture" of each story. Included: Alum Rock; construction of Piney Dam; Edenburg in 1900; the Jones House; Doe Run/Pheasant Hollow/Clarion River Railroad Trestle; the County Poor Farm; Camp Sligo, its personnel and campers; road from Clarion to Brookville; Fryburg Centennial; White Memorial School dedication; the McCleary Gang; baseball players; Joe Thomas; the Mahey Home; the Ku Klux Klan; Clarion County Fairgrounds and Courthouse; Ebenezer Spring; Pump Station; and so much more. This "Collage" is replete with B&W photographs, among them "rare" photos of the construction of the Piney Dam. LOC 2006934598. 106 pages, 5x8 soft cover.